Ts and Cs
Higher Pendeen Camping Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Higher Pendeen Camping, (also referred to as “Higher Pendeen”, “the business”, “we”, “ourselves” or “us”) reserves the right to change this website, including prices, and terms and conditions, without notice. We also reserve the right to refuse entry to the campsite, cancel bookings, or instruct people to leave the campsite, for any reason (for example due to inappropriate behaviour, dangerous weather or site conditions). Use of the Higher Pendeen website constitutes acceptance of the company’s Terms and Conditions (T’s & C’s). We will always ask you to read the Terms and Conditions before confirming your stay, and by placing a booking you confirm you have done so.
Higher Pendeen Camping accepts no liability for loss or damage to possessions and/or personal injury. In making this booking you are accepting full responsibility for yourself, your booking party, your children and you are agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions, which can also be viewed in full on our website.
Your contact and personal details may be kept by us for future mailings and news. You may opt-out of receiving emails at any time by contacting us. We will not pass on or sell your details to any third parties with the exception of COVID Track and Trace. The Freedom Camping Club of whom we are licenced with, requires details of visitors are recorded for a reasonable period to assist in liability and legal investigations. Therefore guest details are stored for one year before being deleted.
Prices and Booking
To check availability, find prices for your stay and to make bookings please use the Book page on our website. If you would like more information just contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take the time to read our Covid Guest Charter and Terms and Conditions before booking. T&C’s can be found here or by clicking on the website menu link. By booking, you confirm that you have read and agree to our terms and conditions, including the Covid Guest Charter and have entered a binding contract with us.
To book either a pitch or one of our furnished bell tents, please complete the booking form on the website. We endeavour to reply within 24 hours with a payment request and a reservation confirmation. Please contact us if you do not receive this. Please check your booking confirmation and notify us of any errors immediately. You must be 18 years of age or more to make a booking. We require full payment to confirm the booking. We have the right to cancel your booking if these payment terms are not met on time. We have the right to apply minimum night stay policy at different times during the season. The person booking, where they are booking on behalf of other people, is responsible for disseminating the appropriate information to those persons using the Higher Pendeen Facilities. For example, these Terms and Conditions, Covid Guest Charter, directions, the facilities, the grounds, the service we offer and any appropriate clothing and footwear they will require.
Please ensure there are no more than six people aged three and over or four adults in a group or known to each other on the site unless agreed with us in advance.
To minimise disruption to our other guests at Higher Pendeen Camping, we only allow two pitches to be booked at any one time unless agreed with us in advance.
A £50 security deposit is due upon booking. The security deposit covers damage to the site, tents, furnishings and breakages or extra cleaning that may be required. This will be returned up to 10 days after leaving the site, minus any deductions if applicable.
It is essential that you let us know immediately if you need to cancel your booking. If you cancel your booking the following applies:
Bookings are non-refundable. They may be held over to a date, subject to availability, later in the year or following year at our discretion, should we have at least 30 days notice of the cancellation. Any cancellation or change must be confirmed by email, by the person who made the booking. Should we be able to fill a cancelled booking, you may be refunded at our discretion, less any loss to the original booking price, plus a £20 administration fee.
Covid Related Lockdown: In the event that your given address is put into local or regional lockdown with a travel restriction covering your booking dates, or your booking has to be cancelled because Higher Pendeen Camping is put under Government Restrictions and has to close and the period of closure covers your booking; we will transfer your booking dates to another date, with no administration fee and no restriction of number of days’ notice. This ONLY covers a lockdown – see Insurance section below.
If you book via a third-party organisation and not directly via our website they may have additional terms and conditions related to your booking. Please make yourself aware of these at the time of booking, as they are in addition to our policy regarding cancellation. We are not responsible for refunding any of their fees, commissions or charges.
Per The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134, you cannot cancel your contract if the services you have ordered are accommodation or services related to leisure activities (if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance).
We can not cancel bookings due to poor weather or poor weather forecasts (unless we deem them too extreme for safe camping). We reserve the right to cancel bookings in the event of severe weather conditions.
Once we have issued you with a confirmation, we will do our best not to make any changes or cancel your booking. However please note that sometimes changes do occur before or after bookings have been confirmed, and very occasionally confirmed bookings have to be changed or cancelled. We promise to do all we can to avoid changes and cancellations but must reserve the right to do so. If we need to cancel your holiday we shall inform you as soon as possible and refund all money paid to us, by you, within 14 days.
Your inability (or the inability of any, some or all of your intended party) or disinclination to travel to and stay at Higher Pendeen Camping for any reason, including – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), injury, a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, accident, injury, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These remain at your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive any refund other than according to our standard cancellation terms. You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover these eventualities. If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
We strongly advise visitors to take out full holiday insurance to cover cancellations, including Covid cover, public liability, personal belongings, loss etc.
Arrival and Departure Times
Tents are generally ready by 3:00 pm so we ask for arrivals after this time. Please let us know your estimated time of arrival, we will then email you the code to the site padlock. We will make every effort to greet you on arrival, but in the event we are called away or you are delayed, all guests will be provided by email with a Touch Stay Digital Information App link. In this event, we will make every effort to greet you ASAP. Guests are requested to vacate by 10:00 am on day of departure. Departures after this time, without prior arrangement with ourselves, are subject to an additional charge of £10 per hour.
Your visit to the Campsite and grounds
Guests and visitors agree to be considerate tenants and to take good care of the tents and facilities during their stay. Guests and visitors agree not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to other guests. No pets are allowed at the campsite (due to wildlife and conservation). Should any facilities, landscaping (including vegetation), equipment, or inventory, be damaged wilfully, as a result of inappropriate usage or behaviour, or as a direct result of failing to respond to instructions from the staff you will be held responsible for the cost of repair or replacement of that item. Higher Pendeen Camping cannot accept responsibility from any loss, damage, or expense arising through Force Majeure, including industrial action, terrorist activity, adverse weather conditions or any other event outside the control of the business. Please close all gates. Keep to mown footpaths. Do no walk across crops (this includes long grass).
Included in the accommodation price: rental of accommodation unit/s booked, access to designated areas of the farm, water. NOT included in the accommodation price: rubbish collection (rubbish sacks should be left in the refuse area), stripping beds, washing up of all used kitchenware, including grills. We ask that you leave your bell tent accommodation, tent pitch or areas you use within the campsite in a clean and tidy state upon your departure. It is a condition of your stay in all bell tent structures that you wash all cooking equipment and dishes used during your stay. Thank you for your cooperation. We reserve the right to charge a cleaning cost if your bell tent accommodation, tent pitch or any area used within the campsite are not left in the same condition as originally found. Guests accept that we may check the condition of your bell tent at point of check out.
Health and Safety
We want you to enjoy your time at Higher Pendeen Camping. Prior to arrival, you will be provided with a digital information App full of useful tips to enjoy your stay, which includes guides to the safe usage of the equipment.
Higher Pendeen Camping is surrounded by beautiful countryside filled with unusual plants and animals. However, this brings with it the risks associated with wild animals and poisonous plants. We accept no responsibility for any injuries, allergies or illness that you suffer as a result of bites, stings, ill effects from animals, ill effects from eating or playing with poisonous plants. If in any doubt, please always ask us, and encourage your children not to touch plants or animals that you or they cannot positively identify.
- Our campsite and their landscape include some steep slopes, rough terrain, trees, brambles, water and other natural hazards. Depending on the weather, conditions can be cold, wet, slippery or hot, dry and brittle.
- We trust that you appreciate we can take no responsibility for the weather conditions at the time of your visit. We recommend that you come prepared with suitable clothing and footwear so that you can enjoy the charm of the natural environment in all its diversity.
- Our campsite is on agricultural land used for farming. Campers must not enter any fields containing livestock or any fields with closed gates or climb gates and fences. Please be aware that the field is used later in the year for grazing, silage and hay, so please do not leave any litter, however small. Be aware that litter can be blown into fields where livestock may be grazing and have deadly consequences for them. There are animals on the farm, please do not touch or feed them without our permission.
- Higher Pendeen Camping is a back to nature campsite and as such there are natural hazards, such as rivers, tree roots, poisonous plants and extremely limited lighting after dark, and depending upon weather conditions, cold, wet and slippery surfaces. Throughout the year, your tent, although cosy and dry, may also become home for the short term to some of our other residents such as insects, spiders etc. Please remember they were here first and be kind to them. Please inform us immediately of any problems we can help with.
- Children and under 18s remain their parents’ or party leaders responsibility and must be supervised at ALL times.
- We will not be held responsible or liable for any accident, loss or damage whatsoever to persons, vehicles, tents, accessories or contents during your stay with us.
- The flying of kites is prohibited for your safety. Please do not play ball games on the campsite, we will be happy to find you a suitable place to do this elsewhere on the farm.
- Higher Pendeen Camping reserve the right to close the campsite in extreme or dangerous weather conditions. The decision to do this is entirely at our discretion.
- The use of gas cookers, gas heaters or naked flames is not allowed at any time in the Bell Tent accommodations that we offer or within your tents whilst on the campsite. This is due to the risk of fire and carbon monoxide poisoning. You can use camp stoves on the wooden tables provided or we can provide bricks. BBQs and open fires must not be used on the ground or tables at any time, please ask to use some of our bricks. By signing these Terms and Conditions, you are confirming that you are proficient in the use of fire and open flame in the operation of a fire pit or any other combustible device if you choose to use it. During times of severe drought or high winds, any naked flame may be prohibited due to fire risk at our discretion. In those circumstances, we will provide alternative options to our guests. Any fires or open flames must be used downwind and 3m away from any tent or combustible apparatus. No rubbish to be burned in fire pits, braziers or BBQs. All fires or flames to be extinguished after use and never left unattended. Remember that remnants of food on fires/grills can attract and harm wildlife.
- Fireworks, Chinese lanterns, weapons, generators and dangerous materials or substances are not allowed on the campsite.
- By booking you agree to be responsible for your children and any under 18s you are in charge of, and your welfare and to take all reasonable precautions against personal injury, injury to others and damage to the farmland, livestock, fences, gates, hedgerows, facilities and tents, such as regarding litter, fire, noise after 10 pm.
- Anything you bring to the campsite or wider farmland and any damage or loss to your possessions is at your own risk. Candles and tea lights are currently prohibited from being used inside the bell tents. The business accepts no responsibility from any loss or injury arising from being in the campsite or wider farmland (known as Higher Pendeen and Gluvian Farm). By booking, and acknowledging these Terms and Conditions, you are aware of the risks, hazards, and dangers of personal injury in entering the campsite and farmland, (For example, the farmland contains mushrooms, toadstools, and fungi.).
- Camping in Britain can mean unpredictable weather. Whilst we supply certain facilities and equipment, it is still camping and you are responsible for your well-being and comfort regarding appropriate bedding, clothing and footwear etc. Be aware the tents are cotton canvas and in prolonged and heavy rain the tents may leak. In high winds the outdoor shower may have limited hot water provision. Please be prepared for this. Higher Pendeen Camping cannot be held responsible for poor weather conditions during your stay.
All cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles are parked at their owners’ risk. Higher Pendeen Camping accepts no liability for loss or damage to cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles. On confirmation of your arrival time, you will be provided with a security code for the padlock to the site. The gate must always be shut and the padlock secured after every use. Please do not rely on other guests to do this. If bringing bikes, surfboards, etc please bring your own security methods and contact us upon booking if you have any questions regarding this. We strongly recommend that no valuables are left unattended in tents, including any hire equipment from ourselves. Please bring a padlock for your bell tent. The tent pitches and bell tent accommodation are let for holiday use only and are limited to the time specified.
We regret that pets are not permitted at Higher Pendeen Camping due to it being a working farm and to protect our wildlife, but we do have some contacts in the area where pets can be boarded should this be needed.
The Car Park
Directions and how to find the car park are found either in the links sent to you via email before your arrival or on the Touchstay App sent at the time of your booking. Only authorised vehicles are allowed access to the main campsite areas. Deliveries must be pre-arranged with Higher Pendeen Camping. All guests and any additional guests visiting the campsite may only park in the designated car park area, with the exception of bicycles, if owners should want to keep them near their tents. All cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles are parked at their owners’ risk. Higher Pendeen Camping accepts no liability for loss or damage to cars, vehicles, motorbikes, bikes or other vehicles.
The car park is not to be used for overnight accommodation, unless arranged with ourselves in advance for any reason.
Parking should be considerate to other users and should never prevent emergency or managements vehicular access to either the road or the camping site.
- You agree to look after the camping accommodation, tent pitches and campsite. This means you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects, (inside or outside) in the same state of repair and condition as at the start of your booking, and you agree to leave it clean and tidy. If you break these conditions we may make an additional cleaning charge and/or make a claim against you for repair or loss as a result of damage caused. Rules for use of the toilet and shower are clearly signposted on site and on our Touchstay App. Guests are expected to follow these. Please ask if unsure.
- You are expected to show due consideration for other people, including other guests, local residents and our staff. If you abuse the property or display dangerous, rude or offensive behaviour towards the staff, landowners or any third party, we may refuse to allow you access to the property or ask you to leave before the end of the holiday. If this happens we will treat your booking, as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund.
- You are in a natural environment and as such you agree to respect all local flora and fauna. Any damage, wilful or negligent, will be taken seriously and may result in you and your party being requested to leave the campsite. In such cases, we will treat your booking as having been cancelled by you and you will not be entitled to any refund. As such we ask that all guests of Higher Pendeen Camping respect the grounds and countryside we are located in.
- You must allow us access to the camping accommodations at any reasonable time during your stay.
- The number of people using the camping accommodation and tent pitches may not exceed the number agreed when booking. With prior approval, it may be possible for additional guests to visit the site between 10 am and 9 pm. There is a charge of 50% of the camping rate per guest. The maximum numbers allowed on each site at any one time may preclude guests from visiting.
- Alcohol may be consumed on-site but drunken or rowdy behaviour is not acceptable. Please be respectful of other guests, owners and neighbours.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the camping accommodations or within the campsite facilities. Smoking is a high fire risk and cigarette butts can harm or kill livestock. You are required to be responsible for the campsite with any fire risk or litter.
- We operate a small scale quiet, relaxed and laid back campsite. All electronic music and instruments of any kind are banned. We like to respect the natural rhythms of our environment. We ask that campers please respect fellow campers and our local neighbours. There is a LOW NOISE POLICY from 10 pm around the campsite which includes all fires being extinguished by this time and low lighting only. We reserve the right to remove any campers who act inappropriately or do not follow our noise guidelines without refund.
- No cars are allowed on the main camping field but you will be able to park in the adjacent car park. Please let us know in advance if you will need assistance to help you move your belongings to your tent. Fires are allowed on site in designated areas outside of your tents. We would ask you to refrain from firework displays and the use of Chinese lanterns as these pose a risk to wildlife.
- Before the use of the on-site Woodstoves, Fire pits and Gas BBQs, guests must take full responsibility for their safe and proper usage and by using these, confirm they are proficient in the use of open flame or fire. Please also ask us on-site if you would like us to show you how to use these implements.
- Please only use Eco Friendly detergents, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. These are kinder to our environment.
- Higher Pendeen Camping has provision for recycling so please separate your rubbish and use the bins provided. Having said that, we are an off-grid campsite, where we have limited rubbish collection. Like many sustainable campsites, we ask you to take home your rubbish with you. Rubbish bins are supplied with the bell tents only, but you must remove your rubbish with you upon departure and take this to the general waste bin provided. Group bookings that leave rubbish may forfeit an amount of their security deposit to pay for their rubbish removal. There is a compost caddy at the washing up area and a larger compost bin in the car park. Please only place vegetable scraps and waste in the compost bins. Other food waste should be placed in the main general waste bin. Please do not leave food scraps around as they attract wildlife and can cause them harm, not to mention unwanted visitors!
- Please inform us during your stay of any accidental damage, so we can identify it as not malicious and replace it for you.
- Please inform us of any accidents or incidents occurred by any member of your group whilst on site.
- For any booking made by staff on your behalf on the booking system, or any other way, that you have requested or agreed (and in coming to the camp it is deemed you had requested or agreed) it is deemed that in so doing and coming to the camp, you accept the terms and conditions including site rules.
Fire packs can be purchased at an additional cost as published on our website. Pitch campers may purchase firewood as required. You must not collect firewood from the campsite or any surrounding woodland areas. Fallen dead wood provides a natural habitat for many creatures. Please use only firewood supplied by Higher Pendeen Camping, brought by you onto the campsites or as directed by our staff. We can deliver additional fire packs to your accommodation daily.
If you have special requests or needs, you are responsible for telling us at the time of booking. If you have a disability that may affect your stay at Higher Pendeen Camping please tell us before we confirm your booking. We will do our best to accommodate you but will let you know if we are not able to meet your needs. The site is not presently suitable for guests who have limited mobility.
The owners and staff are available during office hours (9 am until 5 pm) on the phone number provided to you in the Touch Stay link. Please be understanding that due to the geography of the area, we do not always have reception, but are never out of signal for long and will respond as soon as we can. Out of office hours, please only contact us in an emergency.
If any of the above Terms and Conditions are broken, guests will be reminded of their responsibilities and if necessary, requested to leave the site without refund.
If you have any questions about your stay and require more information before arrival than is published on the website, please do not hesitate to contact us.
By booking with Higher Pendeen Camping you are acknowledging that you are aware of the risks, hazards and dangers of entering the campsite.
Liability – Your Happiness and Satisfaction!
It makes us happy if you enjoy your stay with us! If you have any problems during your stay, please let us know immediately so we can try and sort them out while you are here. If you have any complaints thereafter, please address them to;
Higher Pendeen Camping, Gluvian Cart House, Gluvian Farm, Mawgan Porth, Cornwall, TR8 4BG. Email – email@example.com
We are under a legal duty to supply services that conform with this contract and in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (the Act).
Higher Pendeen Camping or their staff shall not be liable for any loss or damage to visitor’s property, however caused. We accept no liability for injury sustained to any party whilst on our campsites.
We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these terms and conditions. We do not accept liability if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations set out in these terms and conditions by anything you (or anyone acting with your express or implied authority) does or fails to do, or is due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
Furthermore, we do not accept liability for any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to: lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible.
Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Covid Guest Charter
What we are doing to ensure that you have a great and most importantly safe stay at Higher Pendeen Camping:
Firstly, we are ensuring that the facilities that you have booked will be cleaned and sanitised to the COVID Ready Guidelines from PASC UK. We have achieved both the AA COVID Confident Accreditation and Visit England ‘Good to Go’ Certification. We have produced a Risk Assessment that covers all aspects of our business and this can be seen on demand.
We will be gathering all the information we can about where you can go out to eat, booking in advance will be critical, as there will be limited capacity at Restaurants and Pubs and many Take-Aways need advance orders to allocate collection slots. This will be sent to you in the Touchstay App prior to your arrival as more businesses open up. We will include attractions too. You may be required to wear a mask and gloves in certain situations, so make sure to bring them with you.
We are preparing the shared facilities for your use. The main ones are of course the shower and compost toilets. Please give us priority over our rigorous cleaning schedule and leave doors open after use. We have provided sanitisers around the site, please do use them before and after touching shared surfaces. Please observe 2-metre social distancing with all other people outside of your party. All adults will also be expected to use the cleaning materials provided after using the toilet and shower (and after children) to keep all guests as safe as possible.
We will require the full contact details of all adult guests in the party for Track and Trace in advance.
We regret that additional visitors and dogs are not permitted on-site at present.
We live on-site but can be working on different areas of the farm. You will be provided with our phone number, please only ring after 5 pm in the case of an emergency or exceptional circumstances.
On the day of arrival, you will be emailed the gate code. Please park and then text us so we can show you to your pitch. We can sometimes provide parking on other areas of the farm if you do arrive early and wish to explore the area, please let us know in advance. Please try not to arrive before 3 pm so that we can complete the enhanced cleaning under the cleaning protocols above. If you anticipate a late arrival, please do let us know so arrangements can be made. Check out is strictly 10 am.
What we are asking you to do to help us ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable holiday.
We ask that you socially distance at least 2m from other guests please, especially relevant with small children.
Be rigorous in following social distancing when out in public.
If you show any signs of having the virus then you must immediately go and get tested by contacting https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-an-antigen-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/.
The result must be shown to us. If positive, you will need to leave if any Member of your party can drive you. If that is not possible and you have to self-isolate here, then you will have to pay for all bookings that have to be cancelled as a result.
We will need you to provide, names, telephone numbers and email addresses of everyone in the party, so that we can pass this onto the NHS if it is required. This information will not be used for any other purpose. This must be provided prior to arrival.
**Updated HMG Legislation**
The Legislation is found here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
We cannot police this and ask therefore that you risk assess your own party and decide for yourself if your group is appropriate. Please keep up to date with Government legislation.
Remember the best way to stay safe is to regularly wash and sanitise hands thoroughly and maintain social distance.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you at Higher Pendeen Camping.
If you have any questions about your stay and require more information before arrival than is published on the website, please do not hesitate to contact us.
By booking with Higher Pendeen Camping you are acknowledging that you are aware of the risks, hazards and dangers of entering the campsite.
Covid 19 Guest Charter: