Camping Pitches and Bell Tents
Higher Pendeen Camping has a small number of minimally furnished Bell Tents available to book. Each tent currently comes with a double bed, up to two extra camp beds, matting, a fire brazier/pit with grill, drinking water jerry can, washing up bowl, washing line, bin, upcycled outdoor tables and seating and upcycled lanterns. A full kit list (see below) and other useful information will be provided in our Welcome Information PDF or Touch Stay App.
£72 for up to two persons per night, £15 per extra adult per night, £5 per extra under 16 per night (under 3s no charge) Minimum two-night stay 2022.
Bell Tent Extras:
We can now offer medium Canvas Awnings for our Bell Tents at £8 per night per tent.
Double bed duvet, pillows and freshly laundered linen £30 per stay.
Single bed duvet, pillows and freshly laundered linen £18 per stay.
Bath Towel and Bath Sheet £6 per stay.
Please add Bell Tent extras in the comment box on the booking form, minimum 4 days notice needed, thank you.
Guests share the compost toilet and outdoor gas shower. Each pitch has a fire pit and picnic table. Camping pitches are requested when using their own BBQs and camp stoves to do so on bricks we can supply. This season we have four 6 m circular flat pitches available and one 7m x 6m pitch, please ensure your tent will fit within these before you book.
£32 for up to two persons per night 6m circular pitch, £35 for up to two adults per night 7m x 6m pitch, £10 per extra adult per night, £4 per under 16 per night (under 3s no charge) Minimum two-night stay 2022.
We have a compost toilet (instructions on how to use it in welcome packs!) with recycled toilet paper, an outdoor gas shower, drinking water and grey water waste point, compost waste and recycling points. Higher Pendeen Camping requests that guests only use ecologically friendly toiletries and detergents, to ensure minimal impact on the environment. We can provide links to help you source them if needed.
Cars are left at the small car park and your tents or pitches are a few metres away on the main camping site. Let us know if you may need assistance to transport your bags to your pitches. We are a ten-minute walk across the farm to the beach at Mawgan Porth. Mawgan Porth also has good access to a coastal bus route and the South West coastal path. We regret that due to the rural geography of the site, including some slopes, it may not currently be suitable for persons with mobility restrictions, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss.
At certain times of the year, we have our own eggs, homegrown vegetables and fruit for sale on an honesty basis.
We are sorry, but we are currently unable to accommodate Camper Vans or Motorhomes.
Dogs may possibly be allowed stay by prior arrangement. Please contact us directly to discuss this on firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Arranged Extras: We can help to enhance your stay with us by arranging the following –
Let us know upon booking how we can help.
Additional Extra Packages:
Outbacker Stove – upgrade your campfire cooking skills with it’s small wood heated oven and hot plates on top.
The following can be booked in advance – please request these in your booking form.
- Outbacker Firebox Outdoor Stove £10 per night
- Kindle Kit (Contains sticks, firelighters and matches for starting four fires) £5
- Fire Starter Kit (Contains logs, sticks, firelighter and matches for one fire) £6.50
- Local Logs £6
- Half a dozen large Free Range Eggs £1.90
- Coloured Legbar Eggs £2
- Local Bacon, Butchers Burgers and Sausages – Check to confirm current prices
- Fully Charged Power Bank £10 – subsequent charges £5
Our Touch Stay App details will be sent to you upon booking, here you can explore all of our site and local information.
What to Bring (Bell Tents):
- Bathing and beach towels, Eco-friendly toiletries
- Tea towels, washing up cloths/pads, paper towels, Eco-friendly detergents
- Bedding (unless hired) including pillows and pillowcases, mattress covers, bed sheets, duvets or sleeping bags (extra blankets and hot water bottles if needed – it can sometimes get chilly at night!)
- Cooking stove or apparatus/fuel (we provide a fire pit/bowl and grill), Pots, Pans, Camping Kettle
- Please bring your own plates, bowls, mugs, cutlery etc
- Food and drink, Condiments, Cool box (we can freeze a small amount of freezer blocks for you), Water Bottles
- Black bin bags (or compostable) for your rubbish and bags to store wet goods
- Warm and dry suitable clothing and footwear/wellies
- Torches and lanterns
- Phone Charging Bank/Solar Charger
- Small padlock and key
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Your own holiday insurance and a sense of adventure!
Countryside stewardship is of utmost importance to us and we are rewarded by the ample amount of flora and fauna we experience on our farm. Therefore, after sunset, we do request guests keep lights and noise to a minimum to respect the natural patterns of our local wildlife.